Established in 1974, the North Carolina Association for Research in Education (NCARE) works to improve the quality of education in North Carolina through research and evaluation.
NCARE members include teachers, principals, school system administrators, university faculty and staff, graduate students, staff of the Department of Public Instruction, members of local education agencies, and people working in private research organizations. NCARE activities are implemented through its elected officers and board of directors.
The 2019 - 2020 NCARE Officers & Board of Directors are:
- President: Dr. Jennifer McGee, Appalachian State University
- President-Elect: Dr. Tarra Ellis, Wingate University
- Secretary/Treasurer: Dr. Judy Penny, Guilford County Schools
- NC DPI Representative: Dr. Tammy Howard
- K-12 Representative: Ms. Bailey Kiser, Union County Schools
- Higher Education Representative: Dr. Jason Giersch, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Graduate Student Representative: Ms. Carrie Murray, Appalachian State University
- At Large Representative: Dr. Monica Allen, North Carolina A&T State University
- At-Large Representative: Dr. Janet Jenkins, Wingate University
- Past-President: Dr. Ted Kaniuka, Fayetteville State University