Established in 1974, the North Carolina Association for Research in Education (NCARE) works to improve the quality of education in North Carolina through research and evaluation.
NCARE members include teachers, principals, school system administrators, university faculty and staff, graduate students, staff of the Department of Public Instruction, members of local education agencies, and people working in private research organizations. NCARE activities are implemented through its elected officers and board of directors.
The 2018 Officers & Board of Directors are:
- President: Ted Kaniuka, Fayetteville State University
- President-Elect: Jennifer McGee, Appalachian State University
- Secretary/Treasurer: Judy Penny, Guilford County Schools (ret.)
- Past-President: Melanie Keel, Wingate University
- NC DPI Representative: Tammy Howard
- K-12 Representative: Shawn Clemons, Hickory City Schools
- Higher Education Representative: Jason Giersch, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Graduate Student Representative: Carrie Murray, Appalachian State University
- At Large: Leslie Zenk, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- At-Large: Janet Jenkins, Wingate University